So on July 26th he started cereal and the doctor told us to slowly start introducing fruits & veggies as well. Oh I could hardly contain my excitement! I couldn't wait for him to eat food! They were hoping it would help with his re-flux to go ahead and start him on food.
.JPG) |
| 7-26-12 first time eating cereal |
.JPG) |
| 7-31-12 first time eating prunes |
.JPG) |
| prune face |
 |
| 8-5-12 eating sweet potatoes for the first time |
 |
| I think he liked them : ) |
 |
| 8-10-12 eating carrots for the first time |
However, food was not the answer. Not only was he spitting up all his milk, he was also throwing up all his food. He could NOT keep anything down. I was at my wits end. I couldn't help my baby and he was throwing up all day. I'm not talking a little spit up or even a little re-flux. He was projectile throwing up from the time he finished eating until the time he ate again. Everyone always said oh I've been around spitty babies...haha! They would take him and before long hand him back because he had thrown up so much! Our doctor didn't seem too concerned and kept changing medicine and formula and food and nothing was helping. My mother in law suggested we take him to Justin's pediatrician from growing up. I have heard stories of this amazing unkempt doctor from the time I met Justin. They always talked about how you would never guess what a BRILLIANT man this doctor was so I agreed with her it was an excellent idea to get a second opinion and figure out what was wrong!
So we headed to visit Dr. Low and he told me to take him off all food, no more prevacid and start Neocate. (a formula that insurance has to pay for). So his eating adventures have come to temporary stop. He said he shouldn't eat again until 6 months. Neocate is an amino acid based formula and has been helping so far. Granted he has only been on it for 4 days but he hasn't thrown up near as much! I have been using one bib per feeding instead of five like before. I pray that it continues to work. However, it is SUPER EXPENSIVE. $30/can and he goes through a can every 4 days. I am still nursing him as well so thankfully he doesn't go through the formula as fast as if he was strictly formula.
Pray for us and Aschers tummy- he is a wonderful happy baby but hates throwing up and I don't blame him.
No comments:
Post a Comment