Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

happiness

This weekend was a blast! Friday Justin ended up getting home so I was super excited- we watched tv and sat around like usual. Saturday we got up and I took Pip on a walk. I am determined to walk walk walk! We have been going 2.3 miles a day! (Well today, Monday, is only my second day but Im proud) When we got home Kimberly called to see if I wanted to lay out..YES!! Hello, Kason & Carla's wedding is in like 4 weeks and I am pale as can be! So I went over there and laid out. I was only out there for an hour and a half and I am a little pink....Saturday night Justin and I headed to eat on our remaining gift cards from when I was sick. Jason Deli was just right. Justin had a headache so the rest of the night we watched tv as usual and just loved being together.


Sunday morning we got up and made breakfast before heading to church. It was such a good sermon. He was talking about Psalms 23:1 and how we need to be his sheep and there are two things a shepherd does. Protects & Guides. So we have to let him protect and guide us. He also talked about how when you find a good herd (church) let them become your herd...stick together. Summer of 2004 my dad suprised us and took us to the David Project- AMAZING! I still can sing the whole CD! I just spent the past 45 minutes trying to find it on youtube, the internet anything...no luck. I have put mom on research, she is going to try and find it. *Update* found it...here is a link to the songs...Psalms 23...love!

After church I headed to Katy for Carla's Katy Shower. It was a 3 hour drive there and back but it was totally worth it. I wasn't sure on Sunday because my allergies had been so bad but being with two of my sisters-in-law was a perfect way to spend my sunday afternoon. The shower was beautiful and Carla opened presents for hours! The lady sitting next to me at the shower said she probably got enough to furnish two houses, haha, not really! : ) Overall it was a beautiful day with a house full of beautiful people who all love Carla. You could really see how Carla has been such a shining up-right woman for all these woman to love and adore her and Kason so much. I am proud to call her my sister. Carla and I have joked often God knew not only would Kason & Carla be perfect, Justin and I would be perfect but that Carla & I woudld be perfect for each other when dealing with the boys! : ) I cant believe the wedding is less than a month away! It seems like just yesterday that got engaged...crazy its been a year and a half! I can't wait to see Carla as a beautiful bride in just a few short weeks. Here are some of my favorites from yesterday.... (Carlas blog has the rest)


Brad- I am jealous- I want one.We didn't even plan to match!

It was a great weekend! Yesterday I was super crabby once I got home and headed to bed but today was wonderful!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Carla said...

Thank you so much for coming - it meant so much to me!! Not to mention the beautiful pictures will keep the memories alive forever :) Few more weeks and we will both be Mrs. Knight!!

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com