Friday the 12th:
We
got up and had a low key morning. Ascher has been waking up super early-decided
5am was a good start for Daddys birthday. I made pancakes for Justins birthday
breakfast. Justin went to Lowes & mulched the front yard. I picked up and
started some laundry. Ascher woke up from morning nap and Carson & Julie
came by after looking at some houses. We all went to Chikfila for a birthday
lunch. After lunch, we ran to Target for a few things. Justin asked on the way
home, “How does a $20 Target trip turn into $100 Target trip?” Oh how I love target!
: )
Ascher took a good afternoon nap and then we got ready
for our Friday Night Out! Church does a Friday Night Out once a month and for
$8 you can drop your kid off at church at 6pm and pick them up at 10! I dropped
Ascher off and came home to get ready for dinner. We had reservations at Christophers at 8:15
with Julie & Carson.
From 6:45-7:45 was the first time in over a year I had
been at home without Ascher. Since Ascher was born I have left him but I am
always the one gone- therefore I had NEVER been at home without him. It was so
weird. I almost felt guilty- however it was nice to be able to get ready and
not worry about Ascher turning on the bathtub or crying to be held. We decided
FNO is a must from now on.
We met Julie & Carson at Christophers and had the
nicest dinner I have ever had. It was so fancy and sophisticated. We had never
been and it was very nice for our special occasion.
I had to leave before
we got dessert to pick Ascher up at church. Justin was worried he would be the
last one there. I assured him it was until 10- there would still be other kids
there- plus Ascher would be sleeping. WRONG! I picked him up at 9:55 and he was
WIDE AWAKE and the last kid in his classroom! They told me they tried to put
him to sleep at 8ish but once the other kids starting leaving around 8:30 he
wanted to play.
We came home and passed out. We never eat that late so
we were fat and happy and ready to go to sleep!! Happy 31st Birthday
Daddy Bear!
Birthday
Weekend: Saturday
Saturday was a busy fun day! Daniel
& Megan arrived while Ascher was taking his morning nap. Once Ascher woke
up we got into our Aggie gear and headed up to campus. This weekend was the
Maroon & White Spring Game, Parents Weekend, Baseball games, Softball
Games, Aggie Moms Craft Fair and Ring Day! It was a CRAZY weekend but we got
out in it anyways.
Saturday was Megans birthday so we felt special she wanted
to spend her 30th celebrating with us! Once on campus, we walked
around the MSC, did a little shopping, went to the Aggie Mom craft fair and
then it was time to head into the stadium for the game to start!
It was crazy
to think a few years ago Justin and I went to the game and there was barely
anyone there- this year ESPN said 45,000 people were in attendance! I believe
it! We got there 45 minutes before the game started and there was no seating in
the shade. There was seating everywhere else but with little buddy I was
worried about sunburn. Justin kept him under the shade until the game started
then we switched and I went and kept him under the shade. We came to sit down
for a little while but I was that super paranoid mom about sun burn.
He has his
daddys light skin and this brain donor of a mom forgot sunscreen! FAIL! We
stayed till halftime then came home because it was past nap time and he was hot
and crabby. Overall though- he did a fantastic job.
![]() |
| Christmas ornament from Mom craft fair- crazy Ascher is class of 2034!! |
| Ascher's First Aggie Football Game- WHOOP! |
We came home and I passed
out with Ascher for an hour and a half while they all watched the Masters. Snooze
fest! We had to wake Ascher up at 6ish because he was STILL sleeping.
This was his face when we woke him up- he was not happy but look how cute!!!
We went and ate dinner at Fat Burger before coming back and just hanging out the rest of the night. Im so mad we did not take a picture of Megan & me. Megans belly is getting big! Little boy will be here in July! Cant wait for Ascher to have a friend!
This was his face when we woke him up- he was not happy but look how cute!!!
We went and ate dinner at Fat Burger before coming back and just hanging out the rest of the night. Im so mad we did not take a picture of Megan & me. Megans belly is getting big! Little boy will be here in July! Cant wait for Ascher to have a friend!
Sunday:
Today
was low key again. Ascher was exhausted from yesterday so he woke up at 6 and
Justin went and brought him into our room where he proceeded to pass out immediately
and stayed asleep until 8:45!
We all ate breakfast and Daniel & Megan got on the road to head home. I put Ascher down for a nap and in true Sunday afternoon style took a nap with him. After nap time, I got busy. I tried to clean his closet- I did not get very far instead made a giant mess on the floor of his room. I also did laundry, cleaned kitchen, & tried to get ready for the week.
We all ate breakfast and Daniel & Megan got on the road to head home. I put Ascher down for a nap and in true Sunday afternoon style took a nap with him. After nap time, I got busy. I tried to clean his closet- I did not get very far instead made a giant mess on the floor of his room. I also did laundry, cleaned kitchen, & tried to get ready for the week.
While Ascher took his afternoon nap I ran to my friends house who was
giving away a little tikes picnic table for free. Its kinda broken but just
needs some reinforcement. My plan is to paint it and make is custom ; ).
While I was there she also gave me a kid trampoline and a antique rocking chair! Im in love! Im trying to decide whether to leave the chair its dark wood or paint it a fun color for photos! What do you think?
While I was there she also gave me a kid trampoline and a antique rocking chair! Im in love! Im trying to decide whether to leave the chair its dark wood or paint it a fun color for photos! What do you think?
Once I got home, Ascher woke up
from nap and we played in the front yard for a little while- washed the table,
drove the car, etc. Justin grilled pork chops for dinner. Natalie & Isaac
came over and brought Justin some brownies! DELICIOUS! A perfect end to his birthday
weekend.
Happy 31st Birthday Justin!
I love you more each day!
Thanks for being my “knight” in shining armor!






No comments:
Post a Comment