Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Weekend

After Friday's photo shoot Justin and I drove to Kingwood for the weekend. It was wonderful to be able to be together but I missed my sissy. Dad grilled steaks for dinner and we all watch Sherlock Holmes before getting to bed. Saturday we got up and got ready to head to a pre-season Astros game. Our seats were AMAZING! We were on row 6, right next to the Astros dugout! However, the roof was open and our seats were like basically melting so we only stayed down there for too long before moving up into the shade. After the Astros game we came back home and were pooped, that sun will wear you out! Mom and I got started cooking while Dad & Justin watched some TV. After cooking for awhile, Mom boiled the eggs and though Justin and I are married, have jobs and are getting older we still dye Easter eggs. Don't judge. I will stay young as long as possible.

Sunday morning we got up and headed to church. After church we took the ritual Easter pictures in the front yard, however, I had no gloves and tilted Easter hat. Doesn't Pip look like a smaller version of the flying dog in The Never-Ending Story???

After church and pictures we headed to the Parkers for lunch. I love love love having my family so close in age. Its like I have a twin sister because Elissa is my age. (cousins) It wasn't the same because our family circle to pray was smaller than usual because my sister and her husband werent there along with Jonathan and Erin & Kaylee (my cousins, Elissa & Emily's older sister) but a good time was had by all!
Oh yeah and how could I forget our Easter basket-stickers for my kiddos included!?! (Mom made one big one for both J & I)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend, brother and cousin also dyed eggs this Easter, even though we at first protested we were too old, it was so fun!

Jamie said...

Cute pics!

Pip does look like the dog from The Never-Ending Story! I used to have nightmares about that movie when I was little although now I can't even remember what it's about!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

The pic of you and your mom is so cute and I love that you still got an Easter basket and die eyes! Traditions like that should never stop.

PS- I havent thought about that movie in a long time and now Im getting chills.. I hated that dog. Your Pip is much, much cuter!!

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com