Memorial Day weekend we normally travel to Bandera, Texas for the rodeo!! It is something that we don't even discuss its just known that we are going. Granted- Justin has been a lot more than I have but we have gone every year we could. It is so much fun. Before we left though- we had some visitors on Thursday night. My cousin, Vanessa who lives in Louisiana and her hubby and 2 babies. Ty is less than 24 hours older than Ascher and Lucy is 3 months old. Bracy, her husband is about to be deployed again so they were driving thru Houston on their way to a little getaway before he leaves. I am so glad they stopped by and spent the night.
After they left, Daniel & Megan came to pick us up. Mom was keeping Ascher so we had a baby free weekend (other than the one in my tummy) We stay at Daniel's grandma's house and we all call her Grandma. If I say "Grandma" even when we aren't in Bandera everyone knows who I am talking about. We drove up Friday and hung out. Grandma makes tacos (they are her famous tacos) and we headed to the rodeo. I love the Bandera rodeo. It is authentic rodeo. Not like Houston-- Before we left we took some pictures...of course : )
Saturday morning we got up and went to the parade but it was rainy so it wasnt as exciting as usual. We went and walked around the craft fair and I got Brynn 3 metal roses for her nursery that are super cute. After the parade we all went back to the house and took a nap after stuffing our faces with the "best burger in Bandera" for lunch. After our naps we got ready and went back to the rodeo for the final night. We sat in our box seats and had fresh squeezed lemonade and ate fried oreos and funnel cake. It was glorious.
Another successful trip to Bandera for the rodeo!! Can't wait for next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment