After class I came home and ran some errands and after three different bookstores finally was able to find the book I needed for my other class. It was the only one they had and it was brand new. Normally I would be excited because that means no highlighing (my favorite thing) but I was not happy because I was already informed that this would be the last time they would use this book. Hopefully it will be a good book and I wont feel that horrible for spending $85 on a skinny paperback. After errands I read some of my favorite book and decided to take a nap. After waking up and realizing the day was basically over I decided to be semi-productive. I mowed the front yard and did some laundry.
Pip has been with me for the past two days. Since Chelsea is gone I feel safer with an animal with me. Granted Pip weighs less than three pounds and isnt much of a guard dog but I still feel safer when he is here. He is doing very good at becoming potty trained and only has had a few accidents. He is a fast learner and loves his mommy : )


I love "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. It is by far my favorite book. I read it three years ago and decided that I would read it again. I cant put it down. I just love it. Jodi Picoult has an amazing way with words. As I read I have been high lighting and underlining some of my favorite quotes- which I will share with you since I have nothing else to do besides shower. : )
"God was obviously in some kind of mood on my birthday"
"We've been too busy looking over our shoulders to run headlong into growing up"
"Black Holes are so heavy they absorb everything, even light, right into their center. Moments like this are the same kind of vacuum; no matter what you cling to, you wind up being sucked in."
"Normal, in our house, is like a blanket too short for bed- sometimes it covers you just fine, and others times it leaves you cold and shaking; and worst of all, you never know which of the two it's going to be."
"My daughter, who trusts me to tell her when it's safe to cross the street, to cut her meat into tiny pieces, and to protect her from all sorts of horrible things like large dogs and darkness and loud firecrackers, stares at me with great expectation."
"Her voice, its so full of the future"
"I learn from my own daughter, you dont have to be awake to cry"
Shower time. Love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment