Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Crashing Waves

This past week has been full of ups and downs. I LOVE and ADORE my 2nd grade class. The end of last week I got some news that was scary but then when nothing was said about it on Monday I thought I was safe...not so much.

Tuesday afternoon my principal came to tell me that they would be getting rid of the 4th section of 2nd grade and I would be moved to a different school within the district. At first, I thought of the possibilities. Then she told me it would be 4th grade. I went and looked at the school yesterday. It is brand new and beautiful but there was this gut wrenching feeling I couldn't get rid of as much as I tried to convince myself that I needed to make everyone else happy and do it.

I have cried since Tuesday and today when I turned in my letter of resignation a peace came over me that is indescribable. God has amazing plans for Justin and I and I am looking forward to what the future holds for us.

This morning on my way to school I was listening to KSBJ (the christian radio station here) and Casting Crowns- Voice of Truth came on and it spoke to me. It says,

"Oh What I would do to have
the kind of faith it takes
to get out of the boat I'm in
onto the crashing waves,
to step out of my comfort zone
into the relm of the unknown
where Jesus is,
and he is holding out his hands"

That was me. I was in the boat of comfort. I could do this move- go start teaching fourth grade or I could have faith that this feeling I had was from the Lord and he wanted me to face the unknown and know that he would be there with me...holding my hand.

So as I begin this job hunt again, pray for peace to remain and the Lord to show me what he would have me do.

4 comments:

The Undomestic Mom said...

Praying for you Lauren! So glad that you have peace from God about your decision! I know any school would be glad to have you :)

Jamie said...

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Amanda said...

Good luck, girl! You're in my thoughts & prayers! :)

Anonymous said...

I love Casting Crowns! And your blog just made me cry. :( I was at the school this evening and went to your door before I thought about you being gone. Hope everything is going great for you. of course I STILL have never had pics of all 3 of my kiddos so I'll need to get with you on that.

loretta

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com