Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Walking!!

Ascher WALKED! 

This morning I went to the bathroom and I hear Justin saying, "Good job buddy keep going!" So I hurried into the living room and watched as my little newborn  10 month old walked across the room pushing his walker. I got the video camera and demanded....make him do it again!! (and again..and again) Here he is...so proud.

So I sent the video to my mom who wrote this poem in response- she is so good with words. I love it! I wanted to make sure I put it on the blog so I have a copy forever. 

I Got This- By: Grammy Hardy 
                                                                                I GOT THIS
I’ve been waiting for this for awhile
Since the first day I arrived.
I stretched, I kicked
I ate, I drank
I rolled over, I sat up.
I crawled, I stood
I held on to mom, to dad,
To the sofa
All in anticipation of this day…
And then…my great moment!

I put my hands on this moving, walking toy
But my unsteady feet caused me to go down to my knees
After trying to stand and balance.
I was happy to chew on the handle of the toy instead – BUT THEN –
My daddy lifted me to my feet, gently placed my hands
On the handle of the walking toy, steadied me, and asked me,
“You wanna walk?”
He then lovingly let me go –
He didn’t walk along with me
He didn’t dote on me
He stood back
With the utmost confidence that
The process would work –
That his son would succeed!
I’m upright –I’m moving forward
Left foot – right
Left foot – right – 6 steps
I’m so proud of myself!!
I pause
I smile
I do a little dance
My face, my entire demeanor says, “I got this!”
Then, I look up at my mom (who is videoing)
My cheerleader
My affirmation
I look for that “good job”
I’ll see in her eyes and
On her face.
I’m so proud of myself
I begin to talk aloud.
My words seem to confirm
What my face has already proclaimed
“I GOT THIS!”
Then, as I chatter, and smile, and walk…
Oops – my eye goes off the prize-
And as the saying goes –
Pride goeth before a fall…
I get wobbly-down I go
BUT…I’m still smiling
‘cause
“I GOT THIS!”

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com