Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

November: Kimberlys Bachelorette Party

The first weekend in November we trekked to NOLA for Kimberlys Bachelorette party! We drove down on Friday morning and didn't arrive until almost dinner. It takes quite a while to get to NOLA from Houston when we had to stop 800 times because one of us would have to pee. Five of us rode together in Kimberly's moms suburban so we had plenty of space. Once we got there we checked out our rooms, set stuff up and headed down to the hotels happy hour while we waited for the rest of the gang (who flew in) to arrive.
After everyone arrived we searched for somewhere to eat dinner. We finally found someplace that didnt have a forever long wait and we chowed down. I had a headache so I was happy to go with Jordan to pick up the rest of the friends flying in. We drove and picked them up, went back to hotel, they dropped off their stuff and met the rest of everyone out. Jordan and I stayed in and went to sleep .We are lame.

Saturday arrived and I got up to put my contacts in...well...apparently someone when they came in at 2 am knocked over my contacts (I am allergic to solution so I have to use special stuff that if gets knocked over my contacts dry out and if they don't dry out I can't put them in my eyes for 6 hours) so I was screwed. Thank goodness I brought my glasses. I was a total hipster all day.

We ate breakfast at hotel and headed over to the French Quarter where we landed at good ol' Pat O'Briens. We snagged a table outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I, of course, had to take a pic in front of the jute box where Mom first saw Dad 37 years ago…but mostly we just sat out on the patio and enjoyed each others company before deciding we were starving and needed some food!



After lunch we went back to hotel and took naps and got ready for lingerie shower and dinner out. We headed up to their room and had a good time opening presents and goofing off. 



 However, before long it was time for our dinner reservations so we walked down the street to dinner. It was a very fancy meal but it was very good!! By the time it was over it was well after 11 and Jordan and I again played the ol' woman card (Jordan is pregnant- and I was too but unaware of it yet, but played safe just in case) and went back to hotel. Kimberly had plenty of girls with her so weren't worried about her being on her own! It was such a fun night!!


The next morning we all got up and loaded up before heading to brunch together to talk about the memories we had made the past two nights. It was such a fun weekend and I am so glad I got to go and spend time with my besties!!! Love them!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you Texas Gals ever want to add a little International Flava to your next bachelorette party (without having to cross any actual oceans) then think Montreal. Sophisticated, sexy city with plenty of OOH-LA-LA for everyone and easy on the budget too! Check www.montrealnitelifetours.com for tasty packages and sexy deals and you might be glad you did. Montreal will be...that's for sure!

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com