Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

October: Moving Day

Whew. Moving day arrived. Mom took Ascher to Kingwood with her so that we wouldn't have to worry about him with the movers & packers in and out all day. It worked out great. The packers came and packed up the entire house. I told Justin the day they packed was the first day I felt relaxed in months! It was glorious. I sat on the bed of the truck and hung out. It was beautiful weather & for the first time Justin and  I had no worries (other than everything we owned being packed and loaded to go to storage for a month and a half) 





They came back the next day and it was just as peaceful. I sat outside the entire day. I think it totally helped that our movers were great. The first day they were there it was 9 am and one packer had brown eyed girl on his phone singing at the top of his lungs. When the people love what they do it made it easier for me to trust him with my stuff. He was happy and they kept calling him the kitchen genie. (haha) The stress of someone else doing everything melted away and I let them take control!!

and so it begins...
my view from where I sat majority of day


one last drive by
It was crazy to watch as everything we owned drove away on Friday night but we had faith they would take good care of it. Whew. It was a wonderful experience and I am so so thankful we were able to have packers & movers. It was glorious!!

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com