Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Advent

Every year at church the womens ministry puts on Advent by Candlelight. I have never been before but I really wanted to go this year. It is a night to spend with women getting into the Christmas mood. Well a woman I work with wanted to go as well so we went together. It was a lot of fun. It was a night of desserts and punch with the entertainment of "Minnie Pause and the Hot Flashes" (yeah...I was one of the few young people there but thats ok). Minnie Pause and the Hot Flashes did a show about not wanting to get in the Christmas mood because of everything else going on in life and by the end of course they were in the Christmas mood because of the real reason for the season- not the shopping or the decorations but because Christ was born. It was a cute show. Afterwards we went up and took pictures with them.


Me with the group
I told them I am pregnant so we took a fun pose with the baby
After taking the fun pose they  prayed over Baby Knight. It was really special. These women who I hardly knew who just performed for an auditorium full of women wanted to pray over our baby. Not many shows you go too these days will pray over your unborn child. It was really neat. Here they are praying over the baby...

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com