Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

22 Weeks

22 weeks
December 6, 2011
I know this may get boring for all of you but really this is my way of keeping track each week & my own little journal. : )
Size of baby: a spaghetti squash - 11 inches & almost 1 pound! EEK!



Total Weight Gain/Loss: well we went to the doctor on Wednesday and I was up 4 pounds! 

Maternity Clothes: still just pants. I am super excited to go shopping though. We used some of our credit card points to get a gift card to Motherhood and right now if you spend $75 at Motherhood you get a $50 gift card to restaurants.com so I'm super excited about that. I am hoping to find another pair of jeans and some khakis. 



Gender: This week when I got my kidney ultrasound (more on that later) they showed me the little man. She asked me, "do  you know what your having?" and I said.."a boy...is it still a boy!?" she laughed and showed me...yup still a boy. : ) 


Movement: This morning he had the hiccups for the first time (that I could feel). They almost hurt but in a fun way. I would count and almost on the money each time he would hiccup. I loved it! However, wish he would have waited till past 7:30 this morning. I also feel him move a lot at night. He squirms around.

Sleep: Its okay. I have a cold so I wake up in the middle of the night and can't breathe then start coughing but baby wise I sleep fine. This time of year wise- not so much. 

What I miss: sleeping on my back & side

Cravings: still none. hmph. I'm waiting for the day I HAVE TO have something. : ) 


Symptoms: well...that brings me to my wonderful week. Last week I wrote about my side hurting. Well everything I read online kept telling me oh its growing pains..normal...blah blah blah. By Wednesday I hurt so bad I couldn't move my legs from bent to straight, cough,  stand up, roll over, etc. it hurt soooooo bad. I called the doctor just to check knowing they would tell me oh its growing pains...drink some water. Instead they say it sounds like a kidney stone why don't you come in this afternoon? WHAT!? So I start researching and everything I read sounds just like me. Well we go to the doctor that afternoon and he shows me where it would hurt if it was growing pains (not where I was hurting) and where it would hurt if it was my kidneys (ding ding ding ding). They tested my urine and it didn't look too bad (as in I could pass them on my own more than likely) but wanted to call in an ultrasound to see what could be the problem and if maybe I already passed them or if they were in my bladder- along with prescribed me some pain meds (who knew you can take hard core pain pills but not advil???) and an antibiotic. Justin left on Wednesday night for a job and thankfully my mom was already coming up to help me decorate for Christmas so she was here to go with me on Thursday to get my ultrasound. They checked my left & right kidney along with my bladder. Since it was just a tech they said the doctor would call me the next day. Well Friday I call the doctor cause I haven't heard from them and they tell me they got the results but he is in surgery and they will call me Monday to let me know and to just rest & drink water this weekend. HMPH! I assume though thats good news and nothing serious if they didn't feel it necessary to tell me ASAP. Since Thursday the pain hasn't been as severe. Still hurts when I sneeze, cough or move funny but its not a CONSTANT pain like it was Monday-Wednesday. So tomorrow we will find out what the ultrasound said. So it was an exciting week to say the least. : ) 



here is my 22 week photo & a collage of week 12 & 22






3 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

you are so cute pregnant!! ahh!! 22 weeks! flyin by :)

Ruthie Hart said...

eeek! A spaghetti squash is big! It must be so surreal thinking about how big your sweet boy is getting :-)

Katie F said...

You look so cute! And I love that shirt you are wearing! Where is it from?

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com