Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

34 weeks- EEK!


Week 34
2-24-12

Size of the baby: large cantaloupe (19-22 inches, 5.5 pounds)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +10 - (I'm guessing I gained a pound this week) : ) 

Maternity Clothes: duh. glad it is getting warmer

Gender: little baby boy

Movement: You can see the hiccups through my shirt now. He is still moving and shaking. And its not just one spot in my belly now- its all over! (where as before he wasn't so big so it wasn't my WHOLE stomach moving but now it is)

Sleep: well when I hit the pillow I'm out, but once again heartburn and a full bladder are keeping me up---not to mention anxiety. 

What I miss: sleeping on my back & stomach, not being achy, not crying at everything, being able to bend over, seeing my feet

Cravings: I haven't had so much cravings as much as I am eating things I normally don't like- such as applesauce & oatmeal. 

Symptoms: cramping, nausea, exhausted, heartburn, ooooeeee charlie horses, emotional, testy real quick 

Big News this week:
*Tuesday afternoon we met with our pediatrician for a pre-natal visit. He is a good ol' fashioned man, has two adopted sons and one of them goes to Baylor and is getting his engineering degree. Justin and him discussed engineering while I sat patiently pretending to understand what they were discussing.
*Tuesday night we had our Breastfeeding class. I liked the lady who taught it. I left the class this week very excited and hopeful that I will be good a nursing. It is crazy to think your body can do it!! Justin hates going to classes with me because he says I comment to him about everything and ask too many questions. Well...isn't the open for question part of the class where you ask your questions!!?! Justin would prefer me be quiet. : ) 
* Wednesday the glider arrived & Daddy put it together for us! I am so excited. It fit in the space I had for it perfectly and now the room really is almost all done!! Here I am sitting in the glider- my face is a little funny cause of the way I'm sitting but whatever- I'm fat and pregnant get over it. : ) 
*Wednesday I also took maternity photos. My friend, Kristy owns a photography business and she is fabulous. Well we had messaged back and forth and Wednesday we met at the George Bush Library and took some photos!! I love being on the other side of the lens every now and then! It was a lot of fun! She posted two on her facebook page last night. I can't wait to see the rest!! Here they are: 

*Friday (which is technically day one of week 35) was a scary day. I called my doctor because I was having some problems. He told me to go ahead and go check into labor and delivery to get checked out to make sure nothing was wrong. Talk about panic. I was really just calling for them to assure me that everything was normal and this all happens at the end of pregnancy. Well I call Justin and he doesn't answer. I close up the library and head home thinking maybe Justin is outside mowing or something...nope I'm like a crying mess--- finally Justin answers and says he will meet me at the ER. We get checked in and they come and check. I apparently have an infection. Not good but better than something like my water breaking or something. So they hook me up with some meds and send us on our way. We both agree it was too early for us to be sitting in a L&D room! However, once I got hooked up and heard his sweet little heart racing I calmed down. Here I am posing for J : ) 



Here is Week 34: 





No comments:

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com