Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday with Mom: Episode 6


Have you ever been out shopping, and suddenly something catches your eye that you simply must have?  That's what happened with the multi -strand necklace in the photo:  all the colors of the rainbow, all the beads, all the everything called out my name. An impulsive purchase...absolutely....but I was one happy girl when I announced to the sales clerk that I wanted to wear it out of the store!  I even took a photo wearing it, that's how much I liked it!  After my purchase was proudly being worn, I went to a popular Mexican restaurant to meet some friends. It was the end of the school year, so the restaurant was extremely crowded with families and children.


My friends were seated already when I arrived, and as I approached the table everybody agreed that I was wearing a great necklace.  The waiter delivered our chips and salsa, and as I leaned over so as not to feed my shirt (as my dad used to say)...I heard this loud noise echo throughout the entire place. The noise sounded like a million tiny beads falling to a tiled, slick floor! 

Suddenly, every eye in the place was on our table...on me. My necklace was no longer on my neck but falling, like a waterfall, to the floor of the restaurant! Kids all over the place were jumping up from their seats like it was "break the piñata" time at a birthday party...I nearly died of embarrassment...


And even after the waiters, bus boys, children, and adults alike handed the parts of my prized possession back to me...even as I was returning the trillion misplaced beads to the clerk at the store later for a refund...I loved that necklace!  

Drat...

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh no, Cuz!! Stuff sure isn't made the way it use to be.......... At least you got to enjoy it for a short, short time........LOL!

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com