Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

Mondays with Mom: I am a teacher

Your child’s favorite person (if you’re lucky)

When my girls started school, they would come home and always, always, nightly tell “teacher” stories around the dinner table. We knew those sweet teachers stories too, which was great. The only problem was that my girls thought their teachers hung the moon, not their teacher mom; no their important teacher that they adored and worked for happily all day long! I was always thankful for those educators that touched, taught, even inspired my daughters. As this year begins for many families this month, my prayer for yours is that your children fall in love with their teachers, and that as parents you never say a negative thing about those educators, especially in front of their adoring fans, your kids J

A Teacher:
I am a counselor and psychologist to a problem-filled child,
I am a police officer that controls a child gone wild.
I am a travel agent scheduling our trips for the year,
I am a confidante that wipes a crying child's tear.
I am a banker collecting money for a ton of different things,
I am a librarian showing adventures that a storybook brings.
I am a custodian that has to clean certain little messes,
I am a psychic that learns to know all that everybody only guesses.
I am a photographer keeping pictures of a child's yearly growth,
When mother and father are gone for the day, I become both.
I am a doctor that detects when a child is feeling sick,
I am a politician that must know the laws and recognize a trick.
I am a party planner for holidays to celebrate with all,
I am a decorator of a room, filling every wall.
I am a news reporter updating on our nation's current events,
I am a detective solving small mysteries and ending all suspense.
I am a clown and comedian that makes the children laugh,
I am a dietitian assuring they have lunch or from mine I give them half.
When we seem to stray from values, I become a preacher,
But I'm proud to have to be these people because ...
I'm proud to say, "I am a teacher."

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com