Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

I believe....

For one of my classes we had to write an essay on what we belive...mine is as follows:

I believe…that each of us has a place in this world. It is up to us to find it. Some people never find their place, what they are meant to do, that thing they are passionate about; others seem to find it right away, like it is was a given from their first breath! Michael W. Smith wrote a song that fits these emotions perfectly. The songwriter states that he is roaming through the night to find his place is this world. He asks a key question. He asks, “Is there a vision that I can call my own.”

I always hated trying on clothes as a kid. I saw something I liked, and bought it. I think I hoped that finding my place in life would be just that easy. I would just be able to choose a career, a man, a path to happiness, and “poof” my Cinderella place in this world would be done!

I wondered, when I was a teen, what people meant when they said, “You won’t appreciate it until you have to work for it. “ Now I see that in order to find our path in life it has to be something that we work towards, and work hard at perfecting. Something we want so badly, we can taste it. Something that no matter what some negative person in our life says, we will continue. I have been trying hard all through college to make sure my career will be the right one, my boyfriend will be the life changing one, and the choices I’ve made will be the ones to lead to my happiness. Now that I am a senior, I am looking toward the light at the end of the tunnel, and I see the career I have chosen coming closer. As I prepare for my last semester, I pray I have found “my place.”

For me, that place in this world is to be part of the future and to teach. I am beginning to realize that that is a huge amount of responsibility, helping to shape young lives. It is also a huge amount of work. I see how many hours a day teachers plan, organize, implement, plan again, and implement another way! And I think I get it, I have to be so passionate about what I do that I will not mind the work; the work will feel like fun!

That is my place as far as my career goes. I still have to figure my place in the other areas of my life. However, I understand that I am not alone trying to figure out my adult life. All of us are out here, looking for our place, and we have to answer the question as to where that is, what we will be doing, and who will be our soul mate all by ourselves. There is a time when no one can live your life for us; we must step out in faith and find our place by ourselves. I am sure that each of us has our place, and I believe that if we carefully look at the paths we pursue, our place will become clearer to us.

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com