Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Operation Organize Shoes

We still have gift cards to BBB (Bed Bath & Beyond) from our wedding so the other day I went on a shopping spree : ) I needed some retail therapy and what better way to spend money than gift cards! I got some things for the kitchen, a new mattress pad, etc. AND I got a SHOE RACK! Since college my shoes have been in buckets. I never know what I have or where a certain shoe is so today I was determined to make my closet look beautiful. This was my closet with buckets of shoes before.The box says "Easy to Assembly, Together in Seconds" HAHAHAHA! I had to leave it in pieces on the floor twice because I got so frustrated with it. It was NOT easy to put together. Not that there were a lot pieces but because they didn't want to fit together! UGH! I left it to go work on school but before long that was frustrating and overwhelming me as well so I went back to the shoe rack. SUCCESS! I emptied the buckets and organized piles of heels, flats, tennis shoes, sandals, boots, dressy shoes. I then put them in the rack according to how often I wear them (hence the purple, pink glittery shoes are in the back corner)

I got it together, however, they are supposed to be stackable also another HAHAHA. Not stackable. But I like it better next to each other anyways. Finished!!!
However, I had to find a place for my dressy shoes, boots and tennis shoes but I think I hid them nicely. : ) What do you think? Did I do ok? Any suggestions to make it better?

P.S. If anyone ever lets me buy another pair of black heels, hurt me!! Unless I throw some away, then I would need a replacement...right : )

6 comments:

Mrs. Mama said...

looks great! I'm going to have to look into getting a rack like that for my shoes!

Anonymous said...

whoa...great job!! so..um...when can you come do mine? {haha} Hope your having a great weekend! xoxo

Lindsey said...

Oh I SO need to do this too!! I would hate for anyone to see my closet right now! yikes! It's a big closet too, which is what makes it so bad - I shouldn't let it get out of control! ha ha- or maybe I just have too many clothes, shoes and handbags. I try to tell myself every time I buy something, I need to get rid of one thing, but that has never happened!
Great job, you have inspired me! =)

Kelly Marie said...

Love the organization!! Good job on putting that together I would get frustrated & just quit all together haha!

Chelsea said...

Looks great, Lauren! So glad you're finally getting to go back to school this week!

lissalauren said...

Yay looks awesome..! Goodluck today! Praying for you!

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com