Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

2nd Grade

This week I have been busy (I came home on Monday) with School! Tuesday- today was a science training for 2nd grade because yup...I got moved to 2nd grade!!! I am excited because I am going to have some of the same kids I had last year, but am super sad to leave my friends in first. Pamelia was the teacher next to me and she kept me sane all year- I don't know what I will do without her next to me!!!

Science training was GREAT! The first day we walked through all the changes in the TEKS and then the rest of the week we worked on Science Journals (new thing- all kids MUST journal) and walked through the WHOLE year. It was great! I know what I am going to do for science all year!!

Today I made a ribbon mobile for my friend who is having a little girl and I am pretty proud of myself. I'll post pictures once I figure out how to get rid of some and once I have given it too her. Also, my friend Kelly & I went and saw Charlie St. Cloud- the movie wasn't wonderful and was kinda slow in the beginning and then it was over but Zac Efron is BEAUTIFUL so it was worth the $3.50 I paid to see it! (Yup isn't that amazing? the joys of living in a college town- CHEAP movie tickets)

Tomorrow I have more training to go over the new RLA TEKS and the new textbook adoption- which I am super excited about.

Then Saturday, back to Houston, to go with Colleen to her 3-D ultra sound and get ready for her baby shower which is on Sunday and then to take my nieces 2 year old pictures!! : )

Summer is almost over so I've gotta to live it up while I still can!!!

2 comments:

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Glad you had a great training! Good luck with Second Grade!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with 2nd!! I did student teaching and long term subbing in 2nd and loved it. Can't wait to hear about your school year :)

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com