Tuesday, 3/27, we went to the doctor and he said what are you doing tomorrow evening/Thursday?! Wanna have a baby?
So Wednesday, 3/28 we got up and packed the last of our things, finished thank you notes and prepared for our lives to change forever. Justin surprised me with a push present I didn't even ask for but came in very handy for our hospital stay, a new IPad!!! I was so surprised- like literally I sat and stared at it- didn't want to open it cause I thought Justin was kidding. (Normally, I can tell if Justin has a present up his sleeve, not this time). Mom got here and took some last belly bump photos. Justin and I headed to the hospital. I remember walking to the car and starting to cry because I couldn't believe it was happening and I didn't think I was ready!! Here are our last photos before Ascher arrived...
We got the hospital and checked in around 4 pm. It was so crazy that we were there to have a baby. SO CRAZY! I got hooked up to everything and they started my medicine. They started cytotec and I stayed put the rest of the night other than to get up and pee. I started having contractions pretty bad all night but wasn't progressing...staying at 1 cm all night. However, before the pain got too bad we had some visitors to come and wish us well!
| Before the pain got too bad |
| Getting excited |
| Justin & Roy smiling at my pain apparently (haha jk) |
| I think by the look on my face I was having some pain |
Mom & Dad came to see us, Gigi &Taylor came to wish us luck but by the time Jessica & Roy got there I was having some pain. I probably scared them both because I started having a really bad contraction while they were in there and they both kinda slunk to the door and escaped the chaos! haha The rest of the night Justin and I hung out. Looking back, Im thankful for the last night we had together. We watched a Modern Family episode on the IPad and before long Justin was ready for bed & they gave me an ambien. We knew we would have a busy day the next morning. However, the ambien only worked for 30 minutes before I woke back up in super pain. Finally at 4 am they gave me some pain meds and I almost dropped the IPad it took effect so quickly. After the pain meds I finally got some sleep.
More to come...
More to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment