Yup...we were quarantined. Ridiculous.
Thursday afternoon they had told us that their "hospital policy" Ascher would have to be 8 feet away from all the other babies because I have had MRSA staph (in 2007- have had a pic line and haven't had staph since, I probably have less staph on me than all of you). I was annoyed but whatever. I told them thats fine as long as he isn't treated like the dunce in the corner. They laughed and said no of course not. Well Thursday night came and the nurse came back to check on us at 10:30 and I thought pick him up for the night. However, when she arrives she tells me that "hospital policy" is that he isn't allowed in the nursery anymore. Wait...this afternoon policy was he could be buy had to be 8 feet away now he isn't allowed at all??? Super annoying. Well we survived our first night just fine without the nursery. HMPH. However, they wouldn't even weigh him or take his temperature or anything in the nursery- they had to cart everything to the room. At the time, I just thought this was normal but the more time went on the more nurses talked, the more I understood.
Friday morning Justin goes to get coffee and comes back and is shocked to find a giant box on our door and a big sign with all these rules regarding "the patients in this room" You had to check in with a nurse, had to wear a gown and gloves, we weren't allowed to be transported, etc. It was ridiculousness. It looked like we were lepers or something. The thing that got us too was that NO ONE TOLD US. They just put this stuff on the door and didn't say a word. All day Friday we asked about his circumcision and no one would give us an answer, no one brought us papers, nothing. Well were supposed to be dismissed on Saturday morning and Friday night still no one had answered us. At 10:30, the night nurse tells us that "hospital policy" they can't perform it because he would have to be in the nursery and he isn't allowed in the nursery. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? By this time, my mama hormones are in full force. I was so upset. Where did they want me to take him!? Is the hospital not supposed to be the cleanest, most sterile place to perform anything!? Wouldn't I take him to the hospital if he had staph- not be sent away! Not to mention, they are't telling us they won't do it until 10:30 the night before we are supposed to leave! I wasn't even mad at this point just so upset. Thankfully I talked the nurse into calling the doctor and pleading on my behalf to do the surgery. So the nurse called the doc at her house & thank the Lord she agreed to do it. Saturday she said she was planning on doing it all along she didn't know why the hospital was being like this.
**We did have some visitors during all the chaos as well**
**And I did manage to take some cute photos**
| my favorite photo of him |
Sunday morning they re-tested him and then had to re-test him again. Sunday was another long long day. Finally Sunday afternoon they call and say we can go home! PRAISE JESUS! Here are some photos from Sunday...
Yeah- We are finally home!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment