Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Miracle of Birth

Ascher's Birthday
Thursday March 29, 2012

They started my pitocin at 7 am on Thursday morning. As soon as they started my pitocin I said put me on the list for my epidural. I knew I wasn't ready for it ( I was still 1 cm) but I wanted to be on the list cause who knew how long it would take to get him to my room! So they started pitocin and at around 9:30 I felt a terrible pain told Justin omg it hurts and his response while looking at the screen, "You're not even having a contraction" no sooner did he say that then I heard a loud pop and FLUSH! I told Justin OMG my water just broke and then I started balling. It was really happening- as soon as the water broke I was in IMMENSE PAIN. The nurse comes and checks me and says my water didnt break! I was like are you kidding me!? Yes it did! 


Anyways- I suffer for 30 minutes before the epidural guys comes and does my epidural. However, I broke my back when I was 18 and had said I didn't want a student doing it. Well the doctor comes in with a student and the nurse said she doesn't want students- the doctor goes okay, well my student is gonna poke around a bit...HMMMM NO HE ISN'T! So instead, the doctor does it but talks to the student play by play telling him things I didn't want to hear and asking him questions about what he should do next!?! HMMMM HELLO I SAID NO STUDENTS! It was super annoying but I just wanted an epidural- I didn't care at that point. He gives me the epidural and I am feeling much better. They check me afterwards and I am 5 cm and the nurse tells me she thinks "my bladder relaxed" when I got my epidural (ie- she says I peed on myself). My response-- I think my water is broken!! Can you please check again!? So she goes and gets another nurse whom I tell I heard a loud pop and before I even finish about the gush she says Your water broke! HMM HELLO I TOLD THE OTHER NURSE THAT! She checks me and says YUP, your water is broken. I knew it was important for them to know because if I didn't progress I knew there is only so long you can go once your water has been broken. Around 30 minutes passes and I suddenly start feeling everything again. I am panicked. I broke my back when I was 18 and they said my epidural may or may not take, etc. so when I started feeling everything again I was so upset. The nurse said she would get the doc back in here and he may have to do it again. UGH -- my biggest fear was coming true. However, she didn't check me- instead she tells me while I wait to push the button for 10 extra doses of medicine. I do it. Not helping. Not helping. NOT HELPING! So again, the other nurse comes in and says well lets check her- I bet she is ready to have a baby. Hmmm...thank you- yup it was time to push! So around 10:30 I started pushing....10:43 Ascher was welcomed into this world!! CRAZY I only pushed for 15 minutes!! It was all so beautiful and absolutely perfect. After he is born it is all a whirlwind. Ascher crying- me crying- Justin having his "wedding face" - (I'm trying really hard not to cry). Oh the miracle of birth. It is so amazing. One of my mom's friends said it best.... "Today I get to aide God in a miracle." 











We were moved to a recovery room fairly quickly and I felt like crap. I guess I had so much medicine in me & I hadn't eaten in so long. The rest of the day is a blur. We had our family visit and we just spent time with our baby.






( I don't have photos of Justin's family that came- not on my camera)

Night came and I was planning on putting him in the nursery for the night & have them bring him to me every two hours to eat, well that didn't work out too well... more on our hospital stay next... 

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com