Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

8 months 11-29-12

Ascher
8 months old
November 29, 2012


Ascher stats:
Weight: 18lbs 2 ounces
Clothing: 6-9 months, 12 month pj's 
Diapers: Size 3 Pampers Swaddlers or Cruisers

Eats: This month has been very trying. He hasn't had much of an appetite because he has been sick. However, when he does eat. He eats a 6 ounce bottle when he wakes up around 5:30, then goes back to sleep till 7:30. He will eat breakfast around 8:30-9 which consists of a fruit and 4-6 ounces of milk. Lunch is around 12:30ish and it is fruit or veggie with 4-6 ounces milk. Afternoon milk around 3 with rice puff snack. Dinner around 6 consists of veggie and 4-6 ounce milk. Then around 8 a 6 ounce warm milk to drift away into sleepy land.

Sleeping: Oh Lord help us. This month has been a disaster  I am pretty sure Justin and I got sick from lack of sleep. Ascher spoiled us big time and has always been a great sleeper. Until this month. He had a virus at beginning of month that turned into a cold that turned into double ear infections. Needless to say this little man has been anything but a good sleeper. He has been waking up all through out the night. We have moved him back into our room until he gets better just cause it was so tiring getting up 800 times a night to go to crib. At the beginning I thought he slept better in our room- but the past few nights have been anything but pleasant. I want my sleeping baby back!! 

However, during the day he does good with his naps. He normally naps around 10-11 and then in the afternoon from about 1-3 on a good day. And sometimes since he has been sick a little 30 minute nap from 5-5:30.

Favorites:
Giving kisses (I don't know who likes this better- him or me?)
Tags on clothes and toys 
Shoes & their laces
Rattles or anything that makes noise
Bubble Guppies (really only when they sing)
Still loves to jump
The Christmas tree balls - we put it up and he loves the balls that go on it. Don't worry- they are shatterproof

Dislikes:
green peas, bananas
changing clothes or diapers (tries to roll off changing table)
tooting- gets real mad. I think soy makes him gassy.
being sick : (

Firsts:
Miserable Month- he has so not been himself. He first got a virus, that turned into cold that turned into double ear infections. I hate that there isn't anything I can do to help him other than medicine. I wish it would hurry up and work. : ( I want my happy baby back!

This month has totally consisted of me in sweat pants and pj's all day. One day Justin even came home and asked me where I had gone? and I said what do you mean? He said...well you're dressed you had to have gone somewhere...truth-I went to Chick-fil-a. It had been a rough day. 

Halloween-he was just starting to get sick on Halloween so he wasn't very happy but we still put him in stroller and walked around the neighborhood with our nieces and nephews.

Thanksgiving- he had a great first thanksgiving other than being sick and crabby- he still looked cute though : )

Crawling- Well he isn't crawling forward just yet but he is army crawling everywhere. I told Justin this weekend will consist of baby proofing the house. I can hardly clean bottles without finding him getting into something he isn't supposed too (mostly the cords by the Tv- new entertainment center is what I'm wishing for Christmas) He also goes from laying down to sitting up. He is so proud of himself when he does it. He gets up on all fours and goes back and forward on his hands and feet just doesn't move.

Pulling Up- He was in his crib the other day and I walked in and found this....

caught red handed. 

Still no teeth- but that hasn't stopped him from chewing on everything! (sounds like a dog- haha)


Blogger won't let me upload photos. I'll work on it tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Hope he starts feeling 100 percent soon and you guys get some rest!! Sick babies are the worst!! :(

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com