Today I found out bad news. I can't go back to school until Friday. The district is really strict about letting me come back before my doctor has filled out a bunch of papers and I can't get into to see him until Thursday! Anyways, I talked to my boss for awhile this morning and we got it all figured out and no worries but I was so excited to go back. I already have all of tomorrow planned with fun activities including skittles (estimation) and a video (introduce mammals)! You know how much kids love skittles and videos!! : )
So, I went up to school to visit my room and get my computer. My room looks great! I am so lucky have a certified teacher in my classroom with my kiddos! They seem to be learning and growing so much. The room looked clean and organized (I hate it when subs leave the room a disaster). So I was walking around looking at all the work the kids had completed and some of the stuff they had hanging outside was a portrait of themselves with a little bubble saying I remember when...and they had to fill it in. I started walking down the hallway reading them all...OMG I almost started crying. All of them, "I remember when...I first meet Mrs. Knight", "I remember when Mrs. Knight got sic" "I remember when Mrs. Knight was nice" then I get to one little girl....my tears turned to laughter after reading hers.
If you read my blog you know I have one child who is quite the handful (has had to be physically removed from my classroom...she is doing much better by the way) anyways, one day she was throwing a fit and wouldn't participate, crying, being a rather large distraction to my kids during circle time. So...I said class what do you think would make K smile? They all said things like tickle her, etc. I suggested what if Mrs. Knight gets up and jumps up and down and makes monkey sounds!? (don't judge- I was at the end of my rope) K started to smile just from me saying this but was trying very hard to stay mad. So I got up and acted like a monkey, of course this worked like a charm and with in seconds I was able to continue with my lesson.
Now back to the "I remember when..." so all my kids had sad things about me getting sick and meeting me for the first time and I get to one little girl and her memory was "I remember when Mrs. Knight jumped up and down and acted like a monkey!" I couldn't help but laugh. Mind you, this is in the hallway for everyone to see!! Oh how I miss my kids!
4 comments:
Aww that is so cute! I wish you could be Raleigh's first grade teacher!
Aw...they are lucky to have a teacher like you. Here in California the budget and people who won't retire are making it difficult for new teachers like myself. I subed for 2 years. Always left the room neat and tidy :). Treasure those little ones and that you are blessed with that job!
That delights my soul...Just wait...today I got a call from one of mine that is now a senior in college. He wants me to write him a letter of recommendation for medical school! The last time I taught him...6th grade, and I NEVER would have dreamed I would be writting this letter for this little one!
That's what makes teaching all worth it!
Post a Comment