Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

WIR- Week in Review

Monday:
  • Finished my second book of the new year. What?!? I've got to start going to bed instead of staying up into ungodly hours of the night. So far I've read Safe Haven by NIcholas SParks and Matched by Ally Condie. I'm gonna start the second book in matched series tonight. 
  • Ascher loves to pull up on everything. He doesn't even need anything to really hold onto. I caught him standing at the back door banging his ball into the window & of course, trying to eat the window 

  • We had spaghetti for dinner. Sounds so boring but it was so good. I hadn't made it in a long time. 
Tuesday
  • Freezing outside!!!!! I didn't want to do anything because it was so cold! So instead we played inside and kept warm. 
  • Ascher wants to crawl everywhere. And it doesn't mater if there isn't enough space for him either- he will make space or cry about it. 
  • I think he might finally be getting teeth. He has screamed all day. Granted he also has an ear infection but he seems to be drooling more. He is crying like he is in pain. Breaks this mamas heart. 
  • We went and visited our neighbor tonight. She is super sweet and I like to catch up with her whenever we get the chance. Ascher thought her dog was hilarious. He crawled after her the whole time. 
  • How could I forget what happened today?!?!?!? Ascher said mama for the firs time!! Granted he was in his crib screaming for me to come get him but a mama is a mama and I'll take it. 
Wednesday
  • Justin made my day when he texted me that they were coming into town for lunch. (He works 45 minutes away). He wanted to know if we wanted to meet him at Fuzzy's for lunch. UHHH YEAH!! I hurried and got us ready and headed out the door.
  • It made my day to see Justin half way through the day. I think he liked seeing us too. Even Lee, his buddy, said- good maybe now you'll be in a better mood. They laughed and said they were kidding- but still makes my heart happy that Ascher and I could turn Justin's mood around.
  • When we got home from lunch- I went into super cleaning mode. I told Justin if he was sweet to me all the time the house would always be spotless. : ) I was in such a good mood from lunch that I wanted to make sure he was happy when he came home. 
  • This is normal right? Pip is small enough that I just pick him up, put him in high chair and he eats all the fallen food. : ) Normal right?????

Thursday
  • Today I woke up and felt like crap. I had a headache, tummy ache- the works. So I drudged through the morning until nap time. Then when Ascher went to sleep I laid right down with him. And he was so good- he slept for 2 hours! He never sleeps that long!! This is how I woke up. *Excuse my fake sleeping- Justin always makes fun of it*

  • After nap I felt much better- we ate lunch then headed to Target. Baby food & formula was on sale. Score! 
  • I got Ascher this super cute nautical sweater. Go DG! I am training him up in the Delta Gamma ways...

Friday
  • Justin went to gun range on his day off with a buddy from work. He is on such a gun kick. It has gotten a little ridiculous.
  • I cleaned out all of Ascher's 9 month clothes : ( Tear
  • I also made this collage of Ascher's photos- how depressing is that!? I mean on one hand its beautiful- he is growing up and is healthy and happy- on the other hand- so depressing- I want my little snuggle bunny back.
  • Is it sad how excited I get about new knee high socks!? I love them. I live in them in the winter! I am so cold all the time. You like the little foot in the corner? haha

  • I have been so sappy today. I have thought so many times how much my heart could explode the amount of love I have for my little boy. Every thing about him makes me smile (minus the rolling over while diaper changes). Watching him explore new things, getting excited when he sees something he wants as he crawls real fast to get to it, getting stuck under the kitchen chair and having to figure out how to get out- whether he crawls under or over the ledge (he does both)- but today my favorite memory is putting my sweet baby to sleep. He has a cold again and so I had to clean his nose (which he hates) and even though I was the one bringing his tears, he still wanted me to hold him and as soon as I picked him up- he lay his little head on my shoulder and snubbed a little and then was ok. I went to lay him down and he turned into me and held my hair like he always does and took a deep breath- like I'm safe- I can sleep. and he drifted away into sleep. I laid there watching him sleep for a minute unable to comprehend the love and joy he brings me. I came out into the family room and scrolled through my facebook album of his monthly pictures and I couldn't help it, I started crying. Like can't breathe crying. What happened to my little baby!? I love him so so much!! *sorry for the sap*

2 comments:

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Safe Haven was really good- I think they are making a movie of it now too! And love that sweatshirt ! We got Reagan the same one!! So cute!

agalandherdog said...

Love the name Ascher!

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com