Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stories from 4th Grade

Life has been rather hectic. I have yet to share anything about school. We have been in classes for over a month and I have yet to report anything. Mondays and Fridays are AMAZING. I had originally planned on subbing those days but with everything going on with me I have had to put that on hold. Thursdays I am on A&M campus all day. It is a very long day. I have just spent Tuesday and Wednesday at Elementary School so its rough to get up to go sit in the classroom. I am with three amazing girls in my group so they make my day go by faster. I have social studies at 8, math at 9 then a break till 12:45 where I go back to Reading and Science. I feel like most of my classes are kinda pointless at this point. I hate being in a classroom then going to sit in one where we count to 50.

Tuesdays and Thursdays...well see maybe this is why I have yet to blog. I dont really have any desire to write about it. I am in a fourth grade class where we do Math & Science. Most days its one or the other. But I will post some cute stories...

I grade math homework during her lesson and this is what I come across...
6. Write a word problem using subtraction.
Brent has 128 girlfriend. 27 of them dump him. How many does he have now?
Later that day on our way to lunch I ask him about his problem. Telling him I liked his word problem on his homework today, does he really have that many girlfriends? He looks up at me. Brent is my dad. I laughed for quite some time.

After lunch is their bathroom/water break. I monitor the girls restroom while they stand in line. This was my first day back since last week and all the girls start asking if they can have a hug. I said of course. One after another until I had hugged every girl in line...the last one said.."We all LOVE Miss. Hardy" -made my day

On the way to lunch I walk at the end of the line and make sure they keep their hands to themselves, stay off the wall, etc. Today there was three young men (high school- maybe) and a woman coming to eat lunch with one of the girls in my class. One of the guys asks me, "Hi...you work here" (Granted I am wearing a jumper and a cardigan...really pulling off the whole teacher look). I respond, "Kinda...student teaching" (didnt feel like explaining everything to him) Then I quickly walked away....next thing I know one of the girls in the class...."OOOOOO Ms Hardy flirtin...Ooooo.... I can soooo hook you up with him" No no girls...get in line get your food. Continuing through lunch..."Ms. Hardy, for real I can sooo hook you up! I hooked my mammma up with this man..hmmmm mmmm he was soooo fine. I wanted to keep him for myself but I gave him to my mamma but hmmm he was fine. So I can totally hook you up with him" All the while this guy is sitting at the table behind us. 4TH GRADE! I was humiliated and quickly quieted her down.

I guess that is enough for now...I am sure I will think of some more stories later...

I dont know what is wrong with me. Normally I am so chatty. I could talk anyone ears off...I must just be out of it today. Maybe Im just tired.....

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com