Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random Thoughts

Today has been 200 times better than yesterday. I guess I was just tired from traveling, overwhelmed with the whirlwind of a week I had just had and had a major headache- today, however, I have been go go go! It feels good to get back to the grind. If only this last until I get home and I can unpack and do some laundry. : ) I won't hold my breath. I have had some random thoughts I wanted to blog about and since I don't have the word document with me at school about my trip- what better time to random blog than now? (while my kids are at CAMP- Computer, Art, Music, PE)

{ONE}
I love love love Crackerfuls. Colleen introduced me to them and I am addicted. So good. Also, I love Granola Thins- Dark Chocolate. My staple for breakfast, snack and lunch have been granola thins for breakfast, Crackerfuls for 10:00 snack and healthy choice steamers for lunch. I am hoping I don't get sick of these things too quickly. It is also great because all I have to do is grab them and go.

{TWO}
My hair is in a total funk. It is constantly FLAT. BOO! So annoying. I love love love curling my hair- only problem is I don't know how. I told my friend Kelly that move teach me to curl my hair to number one on her to do list. My hair is finally getting long again (cut it all off after we got married-a year and a half ago) and so I really want to learn to curl so that it will be my quick fix. Everyone always says they curl their hair when they don't have time to fix it...I want that to be me.

{THREE}
*Update* - this website is fake- sorry.
My cousin sent me this email and its so neat. It is a website that you can find out where any criminal that has been convicted lives. Here is the email & website- try it out.

"Just type in a street name at the top of the form and you whole neighborhood map will pop up. Every place you see a red balloon or thumb tack is the home of a convicted felon. Just place your mouse over an icon & not only will the name come up, but also the crime they were convicted of. Safety first. "
{FOUR}
At the airport I was looking through my magazine and OPI is coming out with a TEXAS line. The colors were so cute. Like...."Houston we have a Purple" or "Ya'll come back ya hear!" or "Guy meets Gal-veston" I kinda want the whole line. Not that I would paint my nails "San TAN-tonio" but I think it would be neat to have the whole collection. But at $8 a pop...not quite sure about that...lets see 12 new nail polish...thats $100 on nail polish. Not gonna happen. Maybe I'll pick one to go get... : )

{FIVE}
Can you believe its almost FEBRUARY!?!?! I don't know where this month went. Really, I do. First week was first week back to school after Christmas break. Second week was faculty meeting, my birthday & Granny passed away & a plane ticket to Virginia. Third week was Virginia. Fourth week, back at school. But still WOW! I guess when something like a death in your family happens you live in a twilight zone for a little while.

{SIX}
So sad...my mom's facebook status last night... "Back in Texas. Been missing from school: 6 days. Been missing from Texas: 10 days. Days we'll miss our mom: forever. Thanks for all the support, prayers and true friendship and love our family has felt during this difficult time." I can't imagine losing my momma- so I can't imagine the pain she is going through right now. Love you mamma bear!!

{SEVEN}
Yesterday Justin was able to go and visit Nana, (his mom's mom) and have lunch with her. Justin said he thinks she really enjoyed it. He ate lunch with her and his dad @ 11:30, sat and talked till 6:30 and finally came home. Those special days are times he will remember forever. I am so thankful he was able to go spend time with her, only sad I wasn't able to go as well.

{EIGHT}
I am so annoyed with my car. A few months after I turned 16 I got a brand new ford explorer sport. It is 2004 and only has 67,000 miles on it. Can you believe it!? However, whenever it is cold- my locks don't work. They will lock fine. But thats the problem- they stayed locked. I don't have keyless entry so its a manual unlock- but it won't unlock. HMPH! I have to go to the back of the car, pop the glass and press the unlock button that is back there. I always look like I am trying to break into my own car.

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com