Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

1*20*11

Thursday
1*20*11

This morning the furnace man came to the house. The heat hasn’t been working properly so it would be hot then cold, etc. so he came early and I slept through it all…thanks to Nyquil again. When I did get up, Mom & I went through some old newspapers and cleaned out under some cabinets that my aunts can’t get too. I found some amazing old cameras, newspapers, candlesticks, photographs, puzzles, old bills and paychecks. It is amazing what people keep and you find. Ones man’s trash really is another man’s treasure.
After finishing three cabinets, Flora Lee & Hubert stopped by. Flora Lee & Hubert are wonderful people. Mom dated their son Terry. Mom’s terrible accident was on the motorcycle with Terry and later Terry passed away. At one point, Mom & Terry had been engaged. They have always been too kind to our family and really are part of our family. They came and talked with us about all sorts of things- puppy dogs, old cars (Hubert’s passion), life, dying, and everything in between. They really are a sweet little old couple. They have been married 59 years. Mom just left to go get us Dairy Queen. When they left, suddenly we were starving. I need to vacuum. I stayed here because Uncle Pete and Uncle Ray were going up to the nursing home to get the rest of Granny’s stuff today and were bringing it to the house so I needed to be here to let them in when they get here.

Mom got back and we ate quickly before leaving again to go to Wal-Mart to get some totes to pack Granny’s stuff in. We got on the road and then turned around because one of my mom’s old friends had followed us and wanted to come and chat with us at the house. We went back home, sat around and talked about life and how things have changed. Paula & Brian came over and the three of us went to the Dollar Tree to pick up some more Thank You Notes and then finally to Wal-Mart to get the totes to pack stuff in. When we got back, we looked some pictures I have taken and then ate burgers A. Jenny made. We turned on Now & Then and have sat here and watched it while the sisters are in the kitchen writing thank you notes. I feel like I could be doing something but have no idea what to do. I am sure this will be the extent of our evening. Enjoying our time with our family- It is supposed to snow another 2 inches tonight. I am just getting over my cold thanks to Nyquil but if it snows I am sure it will return because I know I will be back out playing in the snow- this time I am determined to go sledding. I also took pictures today of different things in the house like paintings and different nick-knacks along with flowers from the funeral. The amount of flowers truly is unbelievable. Granny sure is one loved lady.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free picture slideshow

No comments:

Free Web Counter
Free Counter


All photos are copyright to laurenmartha.blogspot.com